Monday, March 15, 2010

best mechanic in brooklyn

I can heartily recommend Hong Kong Auto repair in park slope . And I thought that Park Slope's only residents were musicians exploiting each other for tips gigs , "organic" dry cleaners and others of questionable ethics .

My car hasn't been going very well lately . Its a circa 2000 mazda . It's still in pretty good condition but recently it hasn't liked morning's or rain very much when it's "performance" resembles that of a fella with brewer's droop .

After struggling to my day gig and back in the bronx today with cars passing me on the west side highway I figured I would pay my chinese mechanic a visit on the way home . My wife and many musician friends were convinced that my previous mechanic was overcharging so she found these guys .

In the grey drizzle I limped my car into the auto shop. I turned off the engine and left the key in the ignition expecting to leave the car and went and looked for a tradesperson .

The mechanic approached and said " what seem to be problem "
I said " the car isn't running so well these days , especially in the rain , I think it may need a tune or new spark plugs "
He said " open the hood and start it up "
I turned the key and it spattered to life .
He took a look under the hood and put his hand on the motor as it was running .
" After a few seconds he look at me and said " engine is running , I dont see a problem "
I said " are you sure ... it used to run better before "
He said " Engine is running now isn't it ? I dont want to rip you off ... if car stop gimme a call " .

No comments:

Post a Comment